The Hayes Zoo

Our Purpose


- to know God and use our entire lives in service to Him.

- to stand in the gap through prayer, giving and service to viable ministries in Latin America.

- to be transparent helpers of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, using our resources and skills that through the Holy Spirit, we might encourage and equip those who have less.

- to share a living perspective from Latin America to our churches, friends and family in the states and beyond.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Independance day!

Happy 4th of July! We are spending the afternoon celebrating, or celebrating as best we can as Americans without guns or bombs or anything pyrotechnic of any kind. Maybe later we'll go out and try to get the federales to squeeze off a few rounds for us.

The kids got to go to Vacation Bible School here in Madera this week at the Baptist church. They enjoyed it a lot and made some new friends in the process.

A few snazzy pics of the digs here of late ....

We recently invested some money in building materials and I am spending time as I can doing some work on the church building where our church meets.


Some people from Hockinson Community Church will recognize this as the building we built 4 years ago, with an addition. We are in the process of adding on a bathroom / shower, and getting this ready for a married couple who work here to live in.


The laundry room here. The two new washers are brand new as of about three weeks ago.


This morning I spent part of my time fixing a leg on one of the sofas here, and also connecting the stovepipe for the small woodstove seen here. The sofas and chairs seen here arrived a week or so ago and are a huge addition.


1 comment:

Rosalie said...

Faith: I asked about you in May at the Interaction Office. I talked to Greg and also to Sofia. I was on a trip to Barrancas de Cobre. So glad you and Alan and kids made it back to Madera as you said you wanted to go back. Doing God's work is a challenge and I'm sure you are needed. I went to Oaxaca with NMHU to study Spanish for 2 wks. in June. Our mission group is leaving for Juarez but I'm not going this year. We built 8 church benches and taught VBS to about 50-60 kids a day last year. I am making bags--about 8 of us are sending 200 bags to use with VBS. I will let Betty know I found an update for you. My e-mail addrss is showmerosa@yahoo.com. Hope you remember when Betty and I visited your home in Chih.--you lived over by an elem. school. We are from Deming and Las Vegas, NM> My son is an attorney in private practice in Las Cruces now so I go down occasionally. Keep in touch. Rosie