The Hayes Zoo

Our Purpose


- to know God and use our entire lives in service to Him.

- to stand in the gap through prayer, giving and service to viable ministries in Latin America.

- to be transparent helpers of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, using our resources and skills that through the Holy Spirit, we might encourage and equip those who have less.

- to share a living perspective from Latin America to our churches, friends and family in the states and beyond.

Friday, September 5, 2008

'Just call on me....'

Good afternoon praying friends,

I'm sitting here with the kids' school finished more or less for the day and half of the neighborhood in the front porch playing a very loud game. It's something akin to tag; but with more noise. :) Did I mention it's loud here?

One project I've had going on is coordinating with our church in the larger than I thought it would be project of getting together a 'snail mail' list for our friends/family who aren't on the web. Normal missionaries send out monthly newsletters with pretty pictures and fun fonts but for us, that proves a bit more difficult with the mailing opportunities we have. We have only received ONE piece of mail here and it was a Christmas card. It arrived at the end of February when we lived in Chihuahua. Same year though! :) This has made the communication factor a bit interesting. Can I just say how THANKFUL I am for technology!!!!!??? I can't imagine how it was back when people had to write letters or just never expected to be heard from again. Amazing - it makes me feel small in my faith.

So how does it work normally?

You should get a nice little email from me saying that we have new updates on this blog. I usually remember that part. For those that aren't on the web; we've in the past sent out updates every couple of months. There's been changeover with staff, huge neglect on my part, and too many changes for me to keep track of and I will admit that this is one ball I dropped. Rats!

So - now we're getting organized!! (I can dream can't I???) I have the list done. I have many months of little updates emailed to Deb. I am hoping this project doesn't take her down. :)

For response - How do you want to be contacted and/or kept informed??? Are you fine with the blog updates as they are? Would you prefer hard paper notice? Phone calls? Email form of the updates to save the step of going to the blog? Let us know - I'll do what I can! Also, let us know if your emails have changed. There are a few on the list that don't make it through and I don't want you to think we're ignoring you!

Now - I need to go and referee....how do you say that in spanish??????

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi Faith, this is your Aunt Judy. Just wanted you to know that I love your blog and I appreciate the emails to remind me to chech out the blog. Snail mail is not needed for us. God bless you as you continue your service to the Lord in Honduras.