The Hayes Zoo

Our Purpose


- to know God and use our entire lives in service to Him.

- to stand in the gap through prayer, giving and service to viable ministries in Latin America.

- to be transparent helpers of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, using our resources and skills that through the Holy Spirit, we might encourage and equip those who have less.

- to share a living perspective from Latin America to our churches, friends and family in the states and beyond.

Friday, November 28, 2008

I hate to keep doing this to you..........

but I'm going to. It's either that or not much new from us and that just isn't going to work. I'm going to link you to the Sowers' blogspot for new details about some of the various going ons here. www.sowers4pastors.blogspot.com

We're working on getting internet to the house but so far nothing we've investigated will work. Hmmm....I don't like it that we're so dependent on the internet but goodness - I'm glad we can stay in better contact that our predecessors!!!! Please forgive us and keep checking back as one of these days we'll have a ton of new updates, with pictures, about the last month or so!

On a personal note: things here have been going well. We are settling into our house and trying to get into a routine for school and work. But my confessional is coming....

I will admit that I'm having a pride issue about a few things . As in, I figured I did the culture shock thing already, lived in another country, and spoke another language. This moving to Honduras thing will be a piece of cake. W.R.O.N.G. We are experiencing culture shock all over again. I've completely forgotten (or mentally blocked) the challenges that we went through just figuring out how to get groceries for the day, for pete's sake. That and I've realized that I speak Mexican - not Honduran. We are back to wandering around with notebooks for vocab and using the phrase, 'como se dice' (translation: how do you say??) a TON. Reality has hit. I've been brought low and am admitting my pride and asking for forgiveness. That and asking people, "Now where was that store where I might be able to find eggs again????"

2 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Que? Sorry you are having culture shock yet again... hope things settle down for you soon!

Francis Bodine said...

Brother, Sister & Kids, I am praying for you. Please let Riley I said to not go looking for snakes without daddy. The ones in the jungle are differet from the ones he is used to playing with in Madera. I love you and miss you dearly. Love, Frank "Ponchito" Williamson