The Hayes Zoo

Our Purpose


- to know God and use our entire lives in service to Him.

- to stand in the gap through prayer, giving and service to viable ministries in Latin America.

- to be transparent helpers of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, using our resources and skills that through the Holy Spirit, we might encourage and equip those who have less.

- to share a living perspective from Latin America to our churches, friends and family in the states and beyond.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Catiwhahmpus......

You read that phonetically by the way.

That is how I feel this week. Just a wee bit off. Catiwhahmpus. I learned that word many years ago and it's like supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Sometimes it's the only way to describe something.

Missed the Simple Daybook posting on Monday. No power.

Missing the Wordless Wednesday posting because the other computer is dead and that is the only one that reads the camera card.

Power has been on and off and on and off and on and off.....so I figured it I wanted to get ANYTHING posted it better happen right here, right now.

Not much new is happening here in the zoo. Days Alan is home he's welding like crazy. The other days he's driving all over this portion of the country with this bridge project. For the rest of us, school has begun again in full force and we are at a year where - GEE WIZ - this is a LOT of work. Balancing the schedules, needs, and computer time of a 6th grader (!), a 4th grader (!) and a 2nd grader (!) is making my head spin a bit.

And people still want to eat.
And wear clean clothes.
And I still want to have my coffee in the morning before I have to formulate complete sentences in any language.

I need to be getting up earlier.

So - in case you were wondering what the incredibly wonderful and amazing missionary life is like this week....the biggest thing I'm being called to at the moment is try to educate my children with a smile on my face and make dinner.

We did some bits of poetry this morning. Read some and then handed the girls white board markers and some ideas and they've been ensconced in their bedroom creating. Janelle is going to contribute to today's poetry for your viewing pleasure. Keep in mind that the knowledge of seasons and the normal changes of them, for my children, are a bit skewed as we live in the tropics. :)

Spring by Janelle Hayes 8/26/09

S - Swimming in the pool.
P - Please keep cool.
R - Riley's being mean.
I - I want iced tea.
N - No school (goodie!!)
G - Going to my friends' house.

Spring.

Entertainment and education at it's finest. As for dinner.....I'll get back to you on that one.

Faith

1 comment:

The Reader said...

I LOVE the tropical take on spring! Absolutely love it. And, yea, catiwhahmpus. Never knew how to spell that, but it makes sense. I have days like that, too. ((hugs)) and here's to having power!