The Hayes Zoo

Our Purpose


- to know God and use our entire lives in service to Him.

- to stand in the gap through prayer, giving and service to viable ministries in Latin America.

- to be transparent helpers of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, using our resources and skills that through the Holy Spirit, we might encourage and equip those who have less.

- to share a living perspective from Latin America to our churches, friends and family in the states and beyond.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Foodie Friday....

and a question. Do I always look like a hobbit when my 6'4" husband takes my (5'2") picture????????? Egads...short and wide. Oh wait - the real question is below.



What do YOU think this is???????????????????????????????? If you live in my town you can't tell. :)

Hints:
It's edible.
It will be served with (as) dinner tonight.
It cost 5 lempiras or around 25 cents.
I have NEVER SEEN OR EATEN this before.
My husband has.

A normal person would call it a contest but I have nothing but a round of applause to give to the person who gets it right.

Then again, I could send you a bouquet and you could pose like this with it.

Faith

6 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

No clue. It makes me think of collard greens, though.

I have the same problem when my hubby takes my photo, but it's because I'm (almost) five feet tall.

Cory & Kris Thede said...

Haiti guess is mustard greens.

Live Simply Love Strongly said...

Chard? Collard greens? It's hard to see....

Theresa in WV said...

Greens. I know; no applause for me.

Love your picture! I think you are adorable.

TexasHeather said...

I don't know the name of it, but I think we have the same thing here. I just don't remember what it is called, darn it. I think it starts with an E, though....not espinafre, but the other one....drat. I need to pay more attention to that sort of thing!

Be sure you come back and tell us how it was!

Missus Wookie said...

Chard, collards, greens... Looks a bit like perpetual spinach too.