One of my personal goals this year is to develop a more interactive (active) prayer life. Frankly, this should be a forgone conclusion but, as in lots of things, the squeaky wheel is the one that gets oiled and sometimes I gasp when I realize it's been d.a.y.s. since my prayers were anything more than the "Thank you Jesus for this day and this food" or the "Help me survive." variety. No wonder everything was off.
I wonder if I'm alone in this?
THEN I remembered that I had this great little 'prayer guide' another missionary friend gave me eons ago stuffed into the blog somewhere.
"Now where is that thing....???"
*dig*, *dig*, *dig*; *shuffle*, *shuffle*, *shuffle*
"How can we pray for you?" is a question we get asked frequently -and with good reason. Prayer is the sustaining layer for us and a way that any and all can participate in our ministry.
I am using this guide (have I mentioned that I'm the type of person who likes a list?) to pray for my family, my co-workers, and my friends (with the adjustments needed) and thought I would put this list into a post, out from under the back corner of the blog clutter, to share with you...just in case you're a list person and would like to know how you can be part of what we do too.
Prayers for you...
Day 1: Relationship w/ God
- Loving and studying God’s word
- Strong prayer life
- Being filled with the Holy Spirit and yielded to Him
- Maturing Spiritually
- Progress over personal sin
Day 2: Physical and Emotional Needs
- Good Health
- Safety in danger
- Protection against loneliness
- Protection against depression
- Protection against discouragement
Day 3: Family Relationships
- Alan and Faith
- Riley, Janelle, and Natalie
- That our family would be a light and example of a godly marriage and family, not for our own purposes but for God’s glory
Day 4: Language/Cultural
- Continued acquisition of Spanish
- For fluency
- For cultural adaptation and understanding
- For a growing love for Mexicans
Day 5: Effective Ministry
- Boldness and open doors
- Prepared Hearts and openness
- Energy, wisdom, and discernment
- Financial support
- For future direction
Day 6: Team Relationships
- Other missionaries
- With pastors and teachers
- Government – National and Local
- Visas/paperwork; open doors
- Our relationships with nationals