The Hayes Zoo

Our Purpose


- to know God and use our entire lives in service to Him.

- to stand in the gap through prayer, giving and service to viable ministries in Latin America.

- to be transparent helpers of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, using our resources and skills that through the Holy Spirit, we might encourage and equip those who have less.

- to share a living perspective from Latin America to our churches, friends and family in the states and beyond.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Foodie Friday.....

'Where's the Beef?'

Well.....since you asked......

This is how the beef puesto (stand) displays their wares. Darn, I don't see any tongue there...

I remember the day I walked into the market to buy groceries early on in our days south of the border and walked past the garbage can at the front door. Something caught my eye as I shifted my weight to let someone pass, EYES staring back at me - as in the head of the cow was just tossed in there.

My first response? AACCKK.
My second? "Well, at least I know it's fresh."

'Beef - it's what's for dinner."

Faith

2 comments:

Live Simply Love Strongly said...

I always worried about the fact that the flies had full access.

Grateful for Grace said...

Guh-ross. You keep chalking up more on the side for NOT going into foreign mission work. ;-)