The Hayes Zoo

Our Purpose


- to know God and use our entire lives in service to Him.

- to stand in the gap through prayer, giving and service to viable ministries in Latin America.

- to be transparent helpers of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, using our resources and skills that through the Holy Spirit, we might encourage and equip those who have less.

- to share a living perspective from Latin America to our churches, friends and family in the states and beyond.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Randomness...

....or just some tidbits so you realize that I am far from perfect.

I love my husband.

I love my kids.

I really love my husband.

Our kids pick and bicker more than I would like to admit. Yet, they continually surprise me by their flexibility and the fact that they don't have nearly as many hissy fits as I feel I have had.

I've had a year that I wish to never repeat.

I home school our kids. This means we pay for good books, a great science class for them to go to, let our son skin and dissect dead animals and chase snakes, we buy Teaching Textbooks math programs and I drive to the library at least once a week. We talk a lot too...some days.

I am getting used to being back in the United States.

I LOVE Winco grocery stores.

I spend too much time on the computer.

I am content in the knowledge that God is God and I am not. He is completely sovereign and I am trusting his care in spite of the fact that things haven't gone as I thought they would....in much of anything.

I am a huge coffee snob.

I don't really love chocolate.

I get my nails done occasionally. My toenails are ALWAYS painted. Always. I would love to get spa gift certificates for every birthday, anniversary, and/or holiday for the rest of my life. My husband knows this and has fulfilled that wish more than once.

My whole family ballroom dances. Or we're trying at least. :)

I feel guilty over having things so easy these days.

I love to clean and organize, I hate clutter and would rather have one really good *anything* that costs more than 6 trashy versions of the same thing.

I can't decide if I'd rather live in an urban apartment or have 5 acres in the boonies.

I'm grateful for the last 5 years of adventure that we've had in different zones, countries, languages...but am learning that seasons come and seasons go and I will choose to not resent that fact. Now we get to be part of it from a different angle.

Working at keeping calm and carrying on,

Faith

No comments: