The Hayes Zoo

Our Purpose


- to know God and use our entire lives in service to Him.

- to stand in the gap through prayer, giving and service to viable ministries in Latin America.

- to be transparent helpers of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, using our resources and skills that through the Holy Spirit, we might encourage and equip those who have less.

- to share a living perspective from Latin America to our churches, friends and family in the states and beyond.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday August 31, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY.

Outside my window... Bright blue skies. Clouds in the distance. A big bus right across the road (like 5 steps...). Our neighbor does some mechanic work on buses and this is the parking lot. :)

I am thinking... that a new week is a great thing.

I am thankful for... a kindred spirit and a friendship that is iron sharpening iron...with heavy doses of grace...

From the learning rooms... We finished up the last bits of Core 3 from Sonlight and are now concentrating on some craft projects (!) having to do with the time frames we covered until next week when we start core 4. The kids are going to be doing trappers today and Riley's eyes light up as visions of traps danced in his head. Like the snake wasn't enough.... I'm enjoying the fact that the kids are loving these crafts. I do my best to not let the schnibbles of paper and glue get me down. :)

From the kitchen...
Mole con pollo. Rice and veggies on the side and of course, tortillas.

I am wearing... A fun skirt and a fun t-shirt I found at a second hand clothing store. It's a wonderfully chocolate-ly brown color and fits! Goes nicely with the skirt with lime and brown stripes and my lime colored earrings. :) Of course now the mosquitoes have more access so that's a bother.

I am creating...
an alteration pile. I've a few pieces of clothing to patch, mend, and alter. Of course, this would mean getting out the sewing machine and some days, that's just scary for me.

I am going... to read with the girls in a minute.

I am reading...
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. Just kidding. I finished it. Very good and I imagine it was quite the terror in it's first days. Now it wasn't so terrifying except for the psychological battle, which was enough. The next book is Gulliver's Travels.

I am hoping... to be gracious at all times in all situations.

I am hearing...
The Kids' Classical cd. Vivaldi's Ring of Mystery to be exact. Makes me wish I'd kept up on my lessons.

Around the house...
Kids, pets, and us.

One of my favorite things...
cello music.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

More great school days, si Dios permite, and stay ahead of the food needs of the family.

Alan has two trips planned at this point. Mostly day trips so that's good.

We're going to the hot springs on Friday evening and inviting the new group of bilingual teachers. Want to come? :)


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

This is the 'looking up' view of one of the walk bridges that Alan has been working with the group on replacing. This one is at Monte de la Virgen. I'm thinking it's a good thing they're replacing it. How about you?

Faith

If you'd like to join the fun, here is a link to set up your own day book. The Simple Woman

No comments: