The Hayes Zoo
- to know God and use our entire lives in service to Him.
- to stand in the gap through prayer, giving and service to viable ministries in Latin America.
- to be transparent helpers of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, using our resources and skills that through the Holy Spirit, we might encourage and equip those who have less.
- to share a living perspective from Latin America to our churches, friends and family in the states and beyond.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Like cold water....
Well, I don't know about you, but some days Mexico seems distant. And we have good news. So I hope you enjoy the cup of cold water....
Good news list:
1. We're coming back! :) This one has obviously been at the forefront of our prayer lists and I will have another long post about that next week. God *IS* good. We'll be coming 'round the border and would love to get together with as many of you as we can. Road trip plans will be forthcoming....:) We're excited to share the new things that are on our work plate. (This is foodie Friday, so I had to get a food related something in here somewhere...)
YEAH! One decision done.
2. We have an answer about when we'll be leaving for a stateside stint. Late April.
Originally, this took the form of BAD news or at least not the easy news we'd hoped for. Our kids' passports expire in early May. We'd just planned on doing that through the embassy in Mexico City but realized that since we don't have original birth certificates for them with us here, that's a no go.
So - we're needing to leave MX before that. Okay - now the date is no longer an issue - April it is.
YEAH! Second decision done.
3. We're going to have another baby. THAT one was out of the blue....but we're doing good and trusting the Lord in his plans for us....all of us.
4. Alan has been recording most of the week with a group from a village. He's said it's going well - they'll be working here in Mitla through the end of next week with the following week's recordings happening in the village.
5. News for the future....well.....we can make our plans - but God will direct our steps. We're still stepping forward as long as He keeps us on this Mexican road.